Magnetic resonance imaging uses a magnetic field and NO ionizing radiation to produce detailed cross-sectional pictures of the bones, blood vessels and soft tissues inside your body.
How do I prepare for the procedure?
- Easy preparation.
- Make sure you do not eat or drink for 8 hours before the test.
- Do not bring any metal objects into the room. Leave as many things at home that you can.
- If you have medical devices please let our staff know.
- You CAN drink as much plain water as you desire.
How long does it take?
- No longer than 45 minutes.
- Please plan for time to check in and prepare the equipment. This could add up to 30 minutes.
- We are respectful of your time and will do our best to get you in and out as quickly as possible.
How does my doctor get the results?
- The interpretation is done by a board certified radiologist, a medical doctor, who generates a report within 24-48 hours, faster if requested.
- The report is automatically sent to your doctor and kept in our records for safekeeping.
- Our radiologists make themselves available for any questions or further clarification at any time.
Do I get a copy of my images?
- Yes, you are welcome to get a copy of your images on a CD/DVD at the time of your examination at no additional cost.